Profile Picture
  • All
  • Search
  • Images
  • Videos
  • Maps
  • News
  • Copilot
  • More
    • Shopping
    • Flights
    • Travel
  • Notebook
  • Top stories
  • Winter Games
  • Sports
  • U.S.
  • Local
  • World
  • Science
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • More
    Politics
Order byBest matchMost fresh
  • Any time
    • Past hour
    • Past 24 hours
    • Past 7 days
    • Past 30 days

Trump attacks the UK over Chagos Islands deal

Digest more
Top News
Overview
 · 1h · on MSN
Why Britain’s Chagos deal tests relations with Trump
The UK’s plan to cede ownership of the Chagos Islands to Mauritius has drawn condemnation from US President Donald Trump, potentially threatening the agreement that’s taken years to thrash out.

Continue reading

 · 18h · on MSN
UK deal ceding sovereignty of Chagos islands faces scrutiny after renewed Trump opposition
 · 1d · on MSN
'Do not give away Diego Garcia': Trump attacks the UK over Chagos Islands deal, again
 · 1d
US says it supports UK Chagos Islands deal
The US government has given its official backing to the UK's plan to hand over the Chagos Islands to Mauritius and lease back an important military base.

Continue reading

 · 1d
Trump slates Keir Starmer over Chagos Islands lease deal – in third U-turn on UK deal with Mauritius
 · 21h
Trump Warns U.K. Not to 'Lose Control' of Chagos Islands
6h

Chagos Islanders fear British patrol boats will block vital supplies

The Chagos islanders who returned to their homeland are seeking assurances that British patrol boats will not block vital food and medical supplies.
1don MSN

Britain issues removal orders to four who landed on Chagos atoll

NAIROBI, Feb 18 (Reuters) - British authorities on Wednesday issued removal orders against four Chagossians who landed this week on a remote atoll in the Chagos Archipelago in a move they hoped would complicate British plans to transfer the territory to Mauritius.
The Africa Report
1d

Trump clashes with US State Department over British handover of Chagos base

In May 2025, Secretary of State Marco Rubio assured that the US government, “following a comprehensive interagency review”, had determined that the UK’s planned handover of the Chagos archipelago to Mauritius “secures the long-term, stable and effective operation of the joint US-UK military facility”.
4h

Deportation of Chagos Islanders blocked by judge

A court upholds a challenge about the lawfulness of the orders to remove four men who travelled to the territory.
2d

Four islanders land on remote Chagos atoll, hope to block UK–Mauritius deal

Four Chagos islanders have landed on one of the Indian Ocean archipelago's atolls to establish what they say will be a permanent settlement, a move they hope will complicate a British plan to transfer the territory to Mauritius.
19h

Trump withdraws support for Chagos deal as four Chagossians land on disputed archipelago saying they plan to settle there

US President Donald Trump has, in a U-turn, withdrawn US support for British Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s deal to hand the Chagos Islands ove.
Opinion
Human Rights Watch
2d
Opinion

The Injustice in Chagos Continues

President Donald Trump’s description earlier this month of the UK–Mauritius agreement on the sovereignty of the Chagos Islands as “an act of great stupidity” briefly turned the world’s attention to the remote archipelago.
GB News on MSN
1d

Donald Trump slams Chagos surrender in extraordinary intervention just hours after US gave backing

President Trump has launched an extraordinary attack on Labour’s Chagos Islands deal, just hours after the US Government gave its official backing. In a Truth Social post, Mr Trump said Sir Keir Starmer is making an “extraordinary mistake” by entering a 99-year lease over the archipelago's military base.

Related topics

Donald Trump
Mauritius
Keir Starmer
United Kingdom
  • Privacy
  • Terms